Allen supports leaders at all levels of the organization, from executives to front line managers, to achieve transformational change in themselves and their operations. With a strong focus on value delivery, he is able to tie changes in mindsets and behaviors to business outcomes.
Allen’s mission is to help leaders use their individual strengths and personal style to be effective in the workplace. This strength-based approach, learned at McKinsey and Company, enables him to quickly build trusted advisor relationships with his clients.
His experience includes:
- Led agile deployment of digital manufacturing solution enabling real time productivity information at manufacturing lines, resulting in all time production records (+15%) and 40% labor cost reduction
- Supported agile design and coached implementation into standard work of network optimization tool for a Class 1 US railroad, resulting in new ways of working for scheduling department and all-time records on key performance metrics
- Established inventory monitoring tools to help Supply Chain department reduce daily stock-outs by >50% and sustained results by agile design and coaching of daily and weekly short-interval control meetings
Allen was an Engagement Manager and, prior to that, a Senior Implementation Coach at McKinsey and Company, where he architected and led transformations across a wide range of industries, which included digital enablement, capability building, and change management. Allen also worked with Partners in Performance, a front line change management and coaching firm.
As a volunteer, Allen has also partnered with the United Way to run mentorship and interview training programs to help new Canadians successfully secure their first employment in Canada.
- Broad industry experience as executive coach and change leader
- MBA from Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- B.A.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from University of Toronto
- PSM Certification