Our Monthly interview with one of the ADAPTOVATE team. Each month we ask one of our team from around the world to answer a few questions. While not in the same league as The Proust Questionnaire – we think it’s a great way to share our stories with you.
This month we sat down and spoke with Saytina Vielot – a consultant in our US office.
1. First up – how long have you worked with us?
2. Why did you join us? Were you in the industry previously, or looking for a new career direction?
I was in the industry previously, but was looking for a company with the right fit. ADAPTOVATE was exactly what I was looking for in a company. Amazing co workers, excellent values, great culture, and work life balance.
3. How has your previous experience and career helped define where you are now? Would you have done things differently?
I would have not done things differently, my previous experience was a stepping stone to where I am now. They have made me into the professional I am today.
4. How do you balance your work life with your ‘real’ life – Do you have a good balance and how important is it to you?
Work life balance is extremely important to me! This helps me remain positive and improve my physical, mental and emotional well being.
5. With so many of our team remote working, we always like to ask how do you have your home office/desk set up? Organised or chaos? Any top tips?
I am absolutely organized! I like to think I have OCD haha. If my desk is organized, it enables my day to have increased productivity and reduced stress.
6. Do you play music during your Agile workshops with clients? What do you recommend on your latest playlist?
Due to remote working it would be pretty hard to play music during conference calls,Microsoft teams and zoom meetings. I keep my workshops engaging by having it be interactive and hands on. I like to use tools like Miro and Azure Dev Ops so everyone can get into the tool and collaborate during a workshop.
7. How do you think technology has best helped humanity and do you have any concerns about our future?
Without technology I do believe we would not have the advancements we have today in sectors like education, healthcare, communication and business. I have no concerns for the future.
8. Strategic Foresight allows companies to detect changes early and ensure action is taken quickly. Which companies have you seen able to change and adapt quickly. (and hopefully using Agile methods to do so)
Due to the world going through a pandemic, a lot of companies have the ability to adapt quickly to the consequences of COVID. Companies like Amazon, Walmart, and target are making delivery times shorter, providing curbside pickup, and even have specific times for the elderly to shop.
9. What does success mean to you personally?
Success means I am happy and I have achieved the goals I have set out to achieve.
“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – John Rohn
10. Finally – You’ve time travelled back to your 10- year old self – What advice would you give?
Stay true to yourself, and always stay motivated to strive for the best.
Special 11th Question – How have you found 2020, and working through life and work during COVID?
Although we are currently living through a pandemic, I have made it a positive experience for myself. I have become Vegan and gluten free. I also have taken up the hobby of running. I run at least a 5k every day, and I feel amazing!